CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Writing

Okay, here's a bit of that writing that I promised you. This is a poem that I am currently trying to DO SOMETHING WITH. :). I like it a whole lot. . .and in a way it's a fanpoem so that makes it eeeeven betterrrrr! :). Okay, random. Sorry.

Lollipops And Candy Canes
By Tina c.

Lollipops and candy canes
A sad lie I tell to myself
On all those bad days
So I won’t care about the truth
So I can cover up my hurt

Bad dreams haunt my sleep
I try my hardest to stay awake
Holding close all the sanity I can keep
Don’t make me question - for my sake

You ask how things are
I answer “sweet”. Like.
Lollypops and candy canes
The sad lie I tell others
The sad lie I try to believe myself

It makes my dreams less real
A hastily applied seal over the wounds
That can never truly, fully heal

My way of coping
Of not giving up hoping
That someday this nightmare will end
So give me those false hopes
Give me lollipops and candy canes.

THE END.

0 comments: