CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Today: Alanis Morissette, Wunderkind

I don't know if you've heard Alanis Morissette's Wunderkind song, but it is really great. On my top ten list, actually. On the newer Narnia movie: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe...it is one of the songs off of the movie's soundtrack. Wunderkind is the reason I BOUGHT the soundtrack. Well, anyway, here is a really well edited Narnia music video to the song Wunderkind. Enjoy!!! Lucy is my fav. character so far...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed, I think that this is Alanis's best song yet, in a lyrical sense. She makes several errors, the most notable being her incorrect pronounciation of the word Wunderkind. But if you look passed that and analyze the moral and the psychological/philosophical insight of this great writer, you'd be as amazed as I am. Basically, the message is about inner-divinity unleashed in a corrupt world, which fits so perfectly into today's governmental stature as it did with Narnia's. I truly love this song, because it reflects on my own life, but also the life of everyone around me, for everybody is a potential 'wunderkind', but unleashing it is the key. And with her mention of bravery, nobility, honor, selflessness -she doesn't actually use these words (excpt. the 1st), I, a philosophical and literary student can see that she has done her homework. Truly, I am happy to see that songs like this, with such a powerful and intellectual message are still writen in today's shallow and superficial world of entertainment. Compliments to Alanis!

p.s. I think that her mention of Joan de Arc was simply Brilliant. I say this because of her connection with Witchcraft and Wicca which plays a slight role in the study of the Subconscious level of thinking, and then she was killed.