CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 23, 2007

Today: HP

I have mentioned Harry Potter - fiction, mostly - in a number of different posts so far and I thought that I should clarify my views on the subject.

I am a Seventh Day Adventist Christian...and I believe strongly in the existence of supernatural powers (that can manifest themselves as perceived magic), however, I do NOT practice the occult in any way. I read the Harry Potter books and write the fiction merely for the characters. The Harry Potter places - Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, St. Mungo's, etc. - are just fictional places in a fictional story. I do not feel harmed by reading them...unlike the claims of some Christians...I do not believe that I can be forced, or coerced into joining up with magical influences because I read the books.

I do feel that the subject of Witchcraft and Magic should be approached very cautiously...and one should have a definently firm grasp on their beliefs before doing so...but I, personally, think that the only person who can make these book evil is the reader if they choose to.

I choose not to let the Harry Potter books make me curious or experimental with the world of magic. In true life, I stay away from magic and those who practice it, because my bible says that we shouldn't be decieved by it. So, anyway, that's where I'm coming from. It's strictly an entertainment for me...not a lifestyle or a hobby.

If you have any further questions about it send me a comment. =).

0 comments: